Following its induction, QuickBooks has revolutionized the world of accounting. This tool allows you to manage your organization’s account and company books. The discussion on QuickBooks seems incomplete without a discussion of its low sides. The advanced algorithmic setup makes it vulnerable to technical glitches. And QuickBooks Error 3371 is a glitch we will cover with this guide.
No doubt that accounting software can serve you in many ways. However, its services can turn challenging due to some error codes. Hence, it will assist if you enhance your understanding of the trouble. And to make this thing a reality, you are at the right place. Now, without wasting any time, let us discuss the error code 3371.
QuickBooks Error 3371: A Quick Glimpse
Error code 3371 occurs when you try to re-configure or proceed to set company files for the first time. Meanwhile, the error message may also occur due to the entitlement of the DataStore.ecml file. Thus, you cannot locate a single reason behind the occurrence of the QB error. Nevertheless, you can consider that the software’s license properties lead you to experience the error.
In short, the reasons behind the occurrence of errors may vary. However, the result can occur in the following ways:
1. Error 3371, Status Code-11118
In this section, a pop-up will appear on your screen with a message-
“QuickBooks could not load the license data. This occurred due to missing or damaged files on your device”.
You can note the error message and discuss it with our QB ProAdvisors to get a timely solution.
2. QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code-1
Due to this error, a pop-up will appear on your screen that contains a message-
“Could not initialize license properties”.
You may receive this message because the system remains unresponsive to loading license data. Generally, this occurs due to missing or damaged files in the system.
Now, it becomes explicit that the error code directly relates to the software’s license. Thus, it is better to clear the window by clicking Ok in the pop-up tab. Notably, the moment you click the Ok tab, another pop-up will appear on your screen. This pop-up will be of “QuickBooks Fatal error”. So, re-click the Ok icon to close the same.
Usually, the QB fatal error occurs when you work with an invalid software license. Thus, you can insert the CD on your device and restart the system. Moreover, you can speak to our customer support executives regarding your concern.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 3371
A user can characterize QB error 3371 due to the following symptoms:
- Frequent system hanging/freezing
- Delay in system start
- Regular notifications of mysterious HTML files
- Failure in file cloning from C:\ drive to a secondary folder
Reasons Responsible For The Error Code 3371
As a genuine principle, Intuit asks users to work with legal software licenses. Moreover, it asks users to store license data in the system’s hard drive. Thus, an accidental data loss from the system’s hard drive can cause an error. Besides, some other agents interrupting the QB performance involve the following:
- Absence of the QBRegistration.dat file
- Performance issues with the QB Desktop
- Loss of active Internet connection
- Issues in printing, emailing or drafting PDFs
- Inconsistency in the Windows installation can trouble you in keeping your files up-to-date
- Furthermore, crash corn error sometimes takes the form of error code 3371
- Moreover, the background functioning of the antivirus software can be a possible cause for 3371 error
Measures To Fix Error Code 3371
You can proceed with the following measures to fix the error code 3371 on your device.
Method 1: Shut All Applications Running On Your Device
In technical frameworks, the functioning of multiple apps in the background can disrupt your system performance. Thus, you can close those apps in the following steps:
- First, shut down QuickBooks software on your device
- Afterwards, proceed to shut associated QB operations on your device
- Now, navigate to the Run window tab
- After this, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8 (or v6) in the Run window and subsequently hit the Ok key
- Followed by this, open the Task manager
- Now, go to the “processes” tab and search for QBQ32.exe process
- At this point, opt for the desired process and hit on the End Task icon
- Lastly, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and register to the QB windows
Method 2: Clear QuickBooks File Installation
Sometimes, the system may not work properly due to some errors. Thus, you can opt for a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop via the following mechanisms:
- Installation clearance with QuickBooks Clean Install tool
- Next, by the manual procedure, i.e. Control Panel-based
Method 3: Update The Operating System
At times, the expiry of the system’s OS also leads you to face error code 3371. Hence, you can update your system’s OS by following these steps:
- First, go to the Windows Start menu
- Then, go to the Check for Updates option
- Afterwards, re-install the QB Desktop software
- Now, move to the Windows update section
- There, check for new updates
- As per the configuration, opt for a particular update menu and wait for the installation
- Lastly, open the QB app and check the system’s performance
Winding It Up
QuickBooks Error 3371 can turn out to be a costly affair for you. Thus, you can apply the described ideals to use the accounting framework. Moreover, you can connect with our QuickBooks Error Support experts in case of software irregularities. For this, you only need to dial our toll-free number at 18447349204.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Significance Of “Could Not Initialize License Properties”?
It is QuickBooks’ technical discrepancy which occurs when you try to QB with an already-used QuickBooks license. Moreover, this message appears due to corruption in EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
2. What Are Different Methods Of Fixing QB Error 3371 Code?
You can fix QB error code 3371 via the following measures:
- By renaming the ECML file
- Through the help of the QuickBooks Tool Hub menu
- Via cleaning junk or temporary files
- Upgrading Windows
- Through the re-installation of the QuickBooks Desktop version
3. What Is The Possible Cause Behind The Occurrence Of Error Code 3371 In QuickBooks?
The possible causes behind the occurrence of QB error 3371 involve the following:
- Use of pre-existing QB license
- Damage in the QBregistration.dat file
- Incorrect installation of QB Desktop on your device
4. What Is The Helpline Number For QB Error 3371?
The helpline number for QB Error 3371 is 18447349204.
5. How Many Licenses Do I Need To Use QuickBooks Desktop?
The number of QB licenses depends on your users’ strength and QB version. For instance, QB Premier can handle up to 5 users. At the same time, QB Pro can handle a maximum of 3 users.