Quickbooks, one of the finest accounting software designed by Intuit is gaining popularity over the world with features having multiple uses. Intuit bringing the accounting world close to us with the tool. Whenever someone asks us what is the best tool for small enterprises then our mind just clicks on one name that is Quickbooks. With the versatility that Quickbooks has, it gains the trust and the love of the users. Quickbooks becomes the one and the only friend of tiny or small businessmen having no one to trust but Quickbooks. This is because of the features added in this tool that most of the worldly organizations heavily depend on it. In order to give a better platform to its customers, Intuit always launched a new better version of Quickbooks so the users can also evolve with the world outside.
But, due to some misleading programs, Quickbooks often gets errors. This results in disturbance to the workflow and also the danger of losing files and data related to business operations. As Intuit believes in its customer satisfaction, so it builds another tool to recover the loss and to give a backup plan to the users.
The tool that I’m talking about is none other than the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery tool which will not let any of your files getting lost. This tool is not a backup plan in just words but in its nature. The tool provides a new way to store the file data. It’s just a little briefing about the tool. Let’s understand it more here.
You May Like How to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 6210 0?
What is Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
Quickbooks auto data recovery tool saves the data by creating a backup for the company file and auto-replication so that the user can easily create the duplicate of the Quickbooks transaction log file and Quickbooks company file.
It is also called ADR. The tool almost recovers all the transactions but becomes unable to restore the transaction that is done in the last minutes. Through this tool, the user can get access to all the company file that gets lost while doing some work procedure. This tool works as a savior for the users as it is the only tool that the users can use to save the file that leads the business operation.
Quickbooks Auto data recovery aka ADR can restore the lost file or data in two ways:
- It restores all the lost transactions with a copy of the company file and the transaction log file.
- It also can restore the last-moment transactions with the current transaction log file and a copy of the company file.
If you also lost your files while doing some tasks then read the full article containing a complete guide to use this tool. But, before moving on, let’s go towards the things that you should consider before using the tool.
Points to consider before using Quickbooks 2012 auto data recovery tool.
- The users having Quickbooks Pro, Enterprise Solutions, or Premier for windows, can use this amazing tool.
- If you are using the Accountants Editions then this tool is not for you.
- This is the most important point that the tool only recovers the data till 1.5GB. If your file size exceeds then it cannot create the backup.
- To use it in a better way, you should use the latest version of it as every tool gives you a better workflow in the updated version.
How to restore QuickBooks auto data recovery?
Here are the easy ways that you can perform with the Quickbooks auto data recovery tool. With the steps, you also can recreate the backup of your company file.
1. Using the original TLG file with .QBW.ADR file recover the lost data
Follow are the steps that you can use to get your lost file back. So, go through them one-by-one and get back your file.
1. Craft a new folder on the system with the name QBTest.
2. Go to the folder where you have stored your company file and open it.
3. Now, you will see the location of the company file in the No company open window and Product Information Screen.
4. Then, on the company file folder search for the .tlg file. The company file and the file you are searching for both will have the same file name.
5. If in any condition you cannot identify .tlg file then you can check the steps below.
- Go to your keyboard and press Windows and E keys together until the file explorer opens.
- Now, click on the Organize tab and select Folder to look for options Windows 10, 8.1, and 8) to move ahead.
- Select the view option and then choose Filename extension.
- Now, for the known file option choose Hide Extension.
- Select the apply tab and hit OK.
6. After performing the steps, go to the .tlg file and copy-paste it to the QBTest folder.
7. Then, go to the QuickbooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
8. In this step, you require to copy and paste .QBW.adr file into the QBTest folder. Now, you will see that the QBTest folder has two files QBW.adr and .tlg.file.
9. Rename the .QBW.adr file by right click on it.
10. Remove .adr from the file name.
11. Go to Quickbooks then to the QBTest folder in which the company file is saved.
12. After performing the steps, check whether all transactions are there or not through the account register.
13. Now, go to file, utilities, and then verify data.
14. Locate the damaged files to another location and replaced them with the copy from the QBTest.
2. Restore Recent Transactions using the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files
In the solution, you will know about the steps that will help you in restoring all the earlier transactions that you lost by performing some tasks. This solution is time-consuming as it covers around 12 hours to do the procedure. If you really want to do the procedure then make yourself prepared before attempting the steps. Now, follow the steps below, to proceed with the solution.
1. The first step that you need to require is to craft a folder on your system and name it QBTest.
2. Go to the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery located in the Quickbooks company file feature.
3. Now, through the help of the keyboard, press F2 or Ctrl+1 keys on the Product Information window to know about the location of the company file.
4. You need to access the .TLG.adr and adr files. As the files have the same name, add extensions, if you cannot recognize the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files. In order to do so, below are the steps that you need to follow.
- The first step is to open the file explorer, you can do it by pressing Windows+E from the keyboard.
- Choose the organize option and thereon select the folder and search options.
- If you are a user of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, then go to view and select the file name extension.
- Then, For known file types, select hide extensions.
- Click on Apply and press the OK button.
5. Now, copy and paste .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files to the QBTest folder.
6. Delete the .adr files.
7. Go to Quickbooks.
8. Now, go to the company file located in the QBTest folder. In an attempt to verify all transactions are present, you should use the account register.
9. Then, go to the file and select utilities, and then verify data to verify the integrity of the data.
10. At last, check the restored file data is safe. Copy and paste the data from the QBTest folder to the Quickbooks company file folder.
Another error named Quickbooks error 15223 which occurs when you are trying to download the Quickbooks tax table updates.
We hope that these two solutions will work for you and you can save all your data from getting lost. Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Tool is an amazing tool for restoring the lost data but the methods to use it are a bit consuming. If you don’t get enough time of applying these methods then you can take the help of the Quickbooks Customer Care Team as they can help you better in this matter. Make sure to bookmark the site for other relevant and informative articles.