It is no doubt that modern accounting frameworks have evolved over the years. And the accounting software QuickBooks has contributed significantly to this growth with its advanced frameworks. So, through this guide, we will cover one of the astonishing aspects of the software, i.e. QuickBooks database server manager.
We are covering this component because of its significance in the multi-user mode. Moreover, we will describe to you the procedure for the installation and application. So, you should read this guide thoroughly for an enhanced software understanding. Meanwhile, you can dial the toll-free number +1844-734-9204 for personalized guidance about the software features.
QuickBooks Database Server Manage: A Brief Introduction
The database server manager is an exceptional feature of QuickBooks Desktop. It allows you to create network data (.ND) versions of your company files. Besides, the server manager lets you work in a multi-user mode. It is because the server manager acts as a gateway for the multi-user mode. Thus, you can term it to be the best software for all your account-related requirements.
In short, you can refer to the utility of the server manager through these points:
- The scanner of QuickBooks company files for the multi-user mode
- The detector of the local storage device for detecting newly created company files in the system
Necessary Facts Of QuickBooks database server manager
Here are some considerable facts about the database server management tool:
- The QBDSM generates network data files and stores them in the host servers
- QBDSM versions can run finely on a system-to-system basis
- Multiple versions of QBDSM cannot run simultaneously on a single desktop version
- The installation of QBDSM works well chronologically
- You must ensure the background run of the year’s database services
- Ensure easy accessibility of QB services through the Windows and the Control Panel
- Take care to add one user for each version of the QB database server manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Download And Update Procedure
You can install the database server manager in the following steps:
- First, open the “installer” window
- Afterwards, click on the “start” key appearing with the wizard
- Now, click on the “next” key to proceed further with an active Internet connection
- Then, shut all programs running in the background and simultaneously click the “next” option
- Here, a licencing wizard will appear with the software conditions
- Kindly read through the terms and subsequently agree to them
- At this point, opt for the “custom or network” tab
- Later on, select a particular installation type among two categories- for your computer or another device
- Followed by the selection, click on the “yes” option to grant permissions to the app
- Subsequently, submit the license and product number in the requisite sections
- Hereafter, follow the on-screen prompts to proceed further with the installation
- Lastly, carry out the relevant steps to set up the QBDSM on your system
Procedure To Update QBDSM (QuickBooks database server manager)
The procedure for the upgradation of QBDSM involves the following simple steps:
- First, install the tool’s patch on your device
- Afterwards, reboot the server
- Now, wait for the reboot process
- Here, the message “company file needs an update to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop” will appear on your screen
- Kindly hit the “ok” key to continue with the update
- At this point, the system update will modify the system’s database structure
- Moreover, it will ask you to create a file backup
- Create the backup as per the suggestions
- Later on, move to the “upgradation” tab
- Subsequently, hit the “update now” tab
- Now, the process may take a few minutes to complete
- Later on, proceed with the prompts to move ahead
- Lastly, click on the “finish” key to conclude the update procedure
These steps can let you update the QuickBooks database server manager (QBDSM) on your device.
Steps Involved In The Setting Up Of QuickBooks database server manager (QBDSM)
Step 1: Run The Server Manager Tool Facility
- First, open the “Programs” tab from the “Start” menu
- Afterwards, move to the QuickBooks section to access the server manager
Step 2: Scan The System Folders
The second step in the process involves the scanning of system folders. You can achieve this step by clicking on the scan folder section appearing inside the QBDSM section.
- Now, select the folders with company files
- Kindly click on the disk to check the device
- Lastly, scan the files
Step 3: Add New Folders
In this section, you need to follow these steps:
- Initially, select the “add folders” section
- Subsequently, filter out folders
- Moreover, ensure to save the files under the “QuickBooks company file” section
- Lastly, hit the “enter” key to add folders
Step 4: Removal Of Undesired Folders
This step involves the removal of undesired folders. For this, you need to select the requisite folders. Subsequently, navigate to the “Remove the folder” section.
Step 5: Start The Scanning
In this step, you have to scan the desired folders. Thus, you can proceed with these steps to diagnose the selected folders:
- Click on the “scan” key appearing along with the QB company files
- Now, the system will scan folders, and you can view the company files list in that folder
Step 6: Monitor Drive Features
This feature lets you add new company files to the server. For this, you can proceed with these steps:
- First, open the QuickBooks Desktop application from the Windows “Start” menu
- Afterwards, locate the database manager tab
- Subsequently, click on the “monitored drive” tab
- Then, click on the “Select” tab to remove or rename files
- Lastly, opt for the “monitor local drives” option to monitor the system files
Read Also: QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed
Wrapping It Up
We hope that the given guide has described how to download and set up the QuickBooks database server manager. Meanwhile, you can connect with our QB experts if any query persists about the server managing software.
We, at Mathomatic, are a team of Intuit-certified ProAdvisors. Our experienced consultants are available for your service in a 24/7 support window. Thus, you can dial the toll-free number +1-844-734-9204 to seek experts’ guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Storage Location Of the QuickBooks database server manager?
You can follow these steps to locate the storage of QBDSM files:
- First, head to the host or server system
- Afterwards, click on the Windows tab
- Subsequently, click on the search menu and type database
- Moreover, click on the “enter” tab to open QBDSM
- Lastly, click on the “Properties” option to locate the storage of QBDSM
Is Frequent Upgradation of QuickBooks database server manager Essential?
Yes, with the induction of a new update, you also need to update your database server manager. Failing to do so can lead you to face database errors.
How To Delete The Existing QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
You can delete QBDSM in the following steps:
- First, click on the “Windows+ R” keys to open the dialogue box
- Now, write “appwiz.cpl” and hit the “enter” key
- Further, move to the “programs and features” tab
- There, look for QuickBooks database server manager (QBDSM)
- Later on, click on the drop-down menu and select the “uninstall” tab
- Hereafter, proceed with the prompts to erase the existing files
What To Do When The Message- “QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped” Appears?
You can dial the toll-free number to consult with the support executives regarding your QB-related issues.
What Is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
The database manager is a smart utility feature. It allows you to work in the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. For this, the setup generates network data files that you can employ for further requirements.
We understand the technical issues through which a user goes. That’s why we provides expert and professional QuickBooks Help & Support for the entire issues related to QuickBooks software such as Integration, Updates, Data Loss, and QuickBooks related Errors & Issues.
For quick and better technical support, you can contact the team of certified experts at +1-844-734-9204. However, Our Intuit Certified experts are well experienced, polite, and professional so do not hesitate to make a call on our helpline number.
You may Also Check: How to Troubleshoot Error 1904 QuickBooks?