Quickbooks is showing the world its leading capability through the dynamic features installed in it. Through the trust that it gains from its users, it is emerging as the best versatile accounting tool which can perform many different tasks in just one platform. With Quickbooks, the users are having all the essentials of the business at their fingertips. Whether it be financial data management, Invoicing, and Payroll, Quickbooks comes with easy-to-use features. The Advantages of Quickbooks increase its craze among enterprises. Whether it be a small or large enterprise, in every business form, Quickbooks is used.
But, sometimes it gets troubled with the error issues. There are a lot of Quickbooks errors that corrupt the system. One such error is the Quickbooks error 6144 82. The error generally encounters in the system when the user performs the task related to open the company file. Many users have experienced this error while performing the same task. In this guide, we will be discussing everything about the error and how to resolve it. But, first, let’s cover the basics.
What is Quickbooks Error 6144 82?
Quickbooks error 6144 82 often occurs due to some irregularities and incorrectly configured system settings with an error text stating “Error 6142 82: Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
What are the causes of Error 6144 82 Quickbooks?
Many factors can be responsible for the error but we listed here some of the major reasons that lead to this error.
- If the user installed the corrupted Quickbooks software and left the installation process in between then lead to the error.
- Due to a Trojan attack, the software or program becomes corrupted then causes the error.
- Mistakenly deleting the company file.
- If the user is not having a good network connection then also causes the error.
- Losing of data files because of the damages of hard disk and Ram can lead to the error.
You May Like Quickbooks Error code 6129 0
When Quickbooks Error 6144 82 text Prompts up?
- When the user is doing the task of installing the program and Quickbooks is running in the background.
- During starting and shutting down the computer.
- When the user has downloaded corrupt Quickbooks. Quickbooks error 1334
- While installing the operating system.
Signs to Identify Quickbooks Error -6144 -82
- The error message itself is a good sign
- When the user sees all the active programs slow down.
- If the system starts freezing.
- Windows do not accept the command or respond sluggishly.
Troubleshooting to Resolve the Quickbooks Error 6144 82?
To resolve the error issue, the user needs to perform all the solutions. So, follow them step-by-step.
1. Starting Quickbooks Service Option
- Firstly, the user requires to click on the start icon and then, choose the Services option.
- Now, go to the QBCFMonitoringservice and click on that.
- Then, you have to choose start in the service status and automatic in the startup type then click on ok.
- If you cannot see it then go to radio and click on apply followed by selecting OK.
2. Modify the Account type
- The very first step that you need to do is to go to the start icon.
- Choose the control panel option and select the user account.
- Select the Add/Remove User Account option.
- At last, go to the QBDserviceuser23 and as per the requirement modify the account by verifying the Administrator User icon.
3. Craft the Folders in C Drive
Quickbooks users are recommended to craft a new folder with QB in the name. Then, they can opt for the Read/Write options for all the folders that are created by them. To fix the error, the user needs to create all these folders mentioned below.
After crafting all the folders, the user needs to ensure that to provide the Read/Write permission to all these folders and thereon, share them to the system with the click of the Share tab.
4. Copy Company File Name
When the company files exceed and cannot fit in the system then it can threaten the system with the error issue. To resolve this, the user needs to follow the below steps:
- Go to the system C Drive and thereon, go to the Users.
- Click on the Public icon, then select Public Documents.
- Move ahead with the Quickbooks icon and choosing the company files option. It will make you able to see the default location of the company files.
- Now, go to the QB file and copy & paste it to the new folder QB.
5. Configure the Firewall
- Go to the Quickbooks Firewall settings tab and click on the Windows Firewall.
- Now, select the advanced settings and click the Inbound rules icon.
- Thereon, go to the New rule icon and fill in Specific Local Ports.
- At last, hit the next tab.
If you are unable to find the port numbers then check this table below. It will surely help you.
|Port Numbers For Different Versions
6. Use Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Click on the Programs. Then, go to the Quickbooks icon.
- Select the Quickbooks Database Server Manager icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the add folder.
- Go to the C Drive and then, process the step by searching and adding the Quickbooks folder.
- At last, click on the Start Scan that will scan the Quickbooks company file.
7. Open & Restore Company File
- Go to the server computer and open the Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
- Now, go to the Open & Restore Company.
- Choose the Quickbooks company file Get back to business. Select the file in the multi-user mode.
- After verifying that the hosting is enabled. Click on the file and then, select utilities.
- At last, select the Stop hosting multi-user access.
8. Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- With the help of your keyboard, press F2.
- Now, move towards the file information in which you will get the location of the company file.
- Double-click on the location to open it.
- Search for the .ND and .TLG files that have the same name as the company file.
- At last, rename these two files with including .OLD at the end.
We have prepared this article from lots of research for the reason to provide the users the best result. Hopefully, all these solutions will work for you. With these solutions, we want to motivate young entrepreneurs to move ahead. Along with, help them to tackle any of the irritatable issues. But, if we fail in our attempt and the error still prompts on the screen then, make a call to the Quickbooks customer care team to seek help from them. Also, enable the notification of the site to get informative content such as Quickbooks Error -6000, -77.