The QuickBooks license error after cloning, also known as the license error, is uncommon but difficult to resolve. The Quickbooks desktop app, as we all know, needs a license number and a product code to be unlocked during the setup process. The license number and product code are stored in an encrypted format. If the encrypted file is missing, the Quickbooks license error after clone occurs.
In any case, this may be a very daunting error for you. This is due to the fact that it is a rare blunder. Because of this error, work related to Quickbooks would come to a halt. However, there is no reason to be concerned. Simply because we are here to assist you.
We’ve gathered all of the potential solutions to error 3371. What you have to do now is go through and process one at a time before you find the right answer.
Causes of Quickbooks License Error After Clone
- When either the MSXML or the dat file is corrupted. The licensing details are stored in the Dat register. MSXML is a critical Microsoft component required for Quickbooks to function.
- If the operating system has not been changed.
- Another explanation is that a third-party antivirus is preventing Quickbooks from running.
- It’s possible that the.QBO file was not saved before being imported.
Now we know what makes the error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks could not load the license data. It’s beyond time for us to find out how to fix this issue.
How to Resolve Quickbooks license error after clone?
There are a few options for correcting this error. You must go through each process one at a time before you find the right answer. Don’t hesitate to make a copy of your data as well. This will aid in the prevention of data loss.
Solution 1: With the Help of Task Manager
- First of all, you have to close your Quickbooks desktop software.
- Now, hold down on the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys. Launch task manager.
- You can now see a list of processes. Here, simply stop the processes having the .exe extension.
- Next, right-click on this and select the option named end task.
- Visit the data folder.
- Hit the run option.
- Now, just type the file destination C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press enter on your keyboard.
- Look for the ECML file, right-click on it, and select delete.
- When you have deleted the ECML file, you have to open your company file. Later, register the Quickbooks software.
Solution 2: Time to Update Windows
Quickbooks needs a Windows upgrade to function properly. This is how new enhancements are introduced to the operating system with each Windows update. This includes the foundational structures and components needed for Quickbooks to operate.
As a result, you must upgrade your Windows operating system to the most recent version. Go to the Windows start menu, search for Windows update and then click on the result that shows up.
Here, click on the check for updates button. If there is any new version available, it will automatically be downloaded.
Also, Read com error quickbooks 2017
Solution 3: Also Update Quickbooks
If you are not using the most recent edition of Quickbooks, you must upgrade to the most recent version available. Here’s how to go about it.
- First and foremost, open the Quickbooks Desktop software. Now choose Help from the drop-down menu.
- After that, choose Update Quickbooks.
- In front of you will appear a list of different versions. You must choose the most recent edition with vital corrections.
Solution 4: Making use of Quickbooks File Doctor
Quickbooks Tool Hub is an extremely useful piece of tech. It includes all of the requisite Quickbooks resources for fixing Quickbooks issues.
- Download the Quickbooks Tool Hub app if you haven’t already. You must first download it.
- Now, press the desktop icon to start the tool.
- You’ll need to go to the Programs tab from the home page. It can be seen in the left pane.
- After that, simply press the run file doctor button.
- The file doctor will initiate the work. It will find the problem and attempt to fix it. Check if status code -1 QuickBooks could not load the license data still pops or not.
Solution 5: Quickbooks Clean Installation
A clean install is an excellent way to get rid of any broken or infected Quickbooks files. As a result, we can use the Quickbooks tool hub to perform a clean install. This will in turn eradicate the Quickbooks License File Error. You can also perform a clean installation to resolve QBW32.exe.
- Open the Quickbooks Tool Hub application.
- From the left pane, choose the Installation problems tab.
- Simply choose the Clean Install Option from the drop-down menu.
- The clean installation will begin.
Check out Repair Quickbooks error THE FILE EXISTS
Solution 6: Giving Admin Privileges to Quickbooks
There are third-party applications that prevent Quickbooks from functioning properly. By giving Quickbooks admin privileges, you will give it an advantage. Here’s how to go about it.
- To begin, right-click the Quickbooks desktop icon and select Properties.
- Simply choose the option to run as an administrator. Select yes if asked by a warning box.
Another error called QuickBooks update error 12031 may appear when you update your QuickBooks software or when you update the payroll service in QuickBooks
That’s it, we hope that we were able to solve this error you are facing, if so, so do not forget to check other articles on our website. They are going to be of great use to you.